Assaf has provided lectures, briefings, and consultations to a variety of academic, government, policy, and private sector audiences in the United States, Europe, and the Middle East. He lectures broadly on the dynamics within and between terrorist actors, with a focus on the global jihad. Lecture and briefing topics include:
- Global Jihad – Current state and future trends and patterns
- Al Qaeda and the Islamic State
- The evolution of terrorism and terrorist actors
- The relationship between terrorism, insurgency, and civil war
- Suicide terrorism
- Cooperation and competition among terrorist actors
- Domestic terrorism and violent extremism in the United States
Inquiries and invitations can be sent via email to assafm at hotmail.com.
Select Lectures (for a full list, see Assaf’s CV)
- Matthew B. Ridgway Center for International Security Studies, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA, Dec 4, 2017
- Center on Terrorism, John Jay College of Criminal Justice, New York, NY, USA, December 1, 2017
- UMass Lowell, Lowell, MA, USA, November 27, 2017.
- Participation in Roundtable on “Understanding Proxy Violence in the Arab World and Beyond: The Role of State and Non-State Actors,” Fordham Center on National Security, Fordham University, New York, USA, November 20, 2017.
- Foreign Policy Research Institute, Philadelphia, PA, USA, November 2, 2017.
- 8th International Defence and HLS Expo (ISDEF) Conference, Tel Aviv, Israel, June 7, 2017.
- 2Day Ambassador Conference, Lauder Reut Educational Complex, Bucharest, Romania, March 30, 2017.
- Participation in Roundtable on “The Islamic State Organization: Current Trends and Potential Developments, Israeli Intelligence Heritage and Commemoration Center, Ramat Hasharon, Israel, March 24, 2017.
- National Defense University, Washington, DC, USA, June 28, 2016.
- The European Forum at Hebrew University, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, May 9, 2016.
- Goethe-Universität, Frankfurt am Main, Germany, February 1, 2016
- International Centre for the Study of Radicalisation (ICSR), Kings College London, London, United Kingdom, December 1, 2015.
- CEVRO Institut, Prague, Czech Republic, March 19, 2015
- Department of Social Sciences, United States Military Academy, West Point, New York, USA, February 17, 2015
- National School of Administration and Political Science (SNSPA), Bucharest, Romania, May 23, 2012
- National Defence University of Romania ‘Carol I’ (NDU), Bucharest, Romania, May 23, 2012
- Center for Iranian Studies, Tel Aviv University, Israel, March 4, 2012
- Kinneret College on the Sea of Galilee, Tsemach, Israel, December 15, 2011